Old 02-03-2015, 09:20 AM   #1
iAmaNoob
The Solid One

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Team Fortress 2 Classic

Shameless copy-paste from other thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UserNotFound View Post

Have you ever felt uncertain about the direction TF2 is heading in? Or perhaps been disappointed that Valve hasn't given this game the attention it deserves? Never fret, your worries have been assuaged - our team has begun work on a community-driven edition of Team Fortress 2!

Continuing from the intro above, Team Fortress 2 Classic is exactly what was stated above: a community-made mod using the 2008 leaked Source Code. This mod aims to bring not only scrapped features back, but also add in new, never before seen features.

This mod began life after the release of the Orange Box Team Fortress 2 v1.0.0.9 client/server. While the v1.0.0.9 client brings players back to the early days of Team Fortress 2, it is very limited in the amount of customization one can do. While you can customize the HUD and skins and whatnot, there's no real way to add in new content.

That's where Team Fortress 2 Classic comes in.

While I do enjoy the kind words that many of you have given me, I have to chuckle because this isn't my project. Give your praise to Danielmm8888, as without him this wouldn't exist!

Danielmm8888 - Coder, creator of this project. This wouldn't exist without him.
404: User Not Found - I made dis thread and I'mma gonna try to learn how to compile the game so I can try my hand at pushing out a patch or two here and there. Who knows!
MacD11 - Coder (he even released a patch!)
MrModez - Coder

TheRubberFruitFace - Color masked GRN/YLW team textures for everything (and I mean everything).
Jesus Crits/Digivee - Fixed up the nailgun viewmodel and worldmodel anims
Chowder - Tranquilizer Gun viewmodel, SMG for Scout anims, Scout Shotgun stuff
Stachekip - Providing trailer Rocket Launcher mod created by GameBanana user "blase", providing idea for Soldier to use the trailer Rocket Launcher when tf_beta_weapons is set to 1.
WhyNott - Polish translation fixes
~Kiwi~v2 - Server Hosting guide (click the button in the Installation Instructions section below)
Blase005 - Contributor of various mods for the game, as well as modelling things that may end up used in the game itself. Creator of Beta Rocket Launcher!
Aichten - Nailgun particles, server host, provided feedback on weapon balancing
Rage - Created the Cyclops
Nassim0 - Allowing us to use TIP player skins, creating GRN/YLW TIP player skins
FissionMetroid101 - GRN/YLW particles

Want to join the Steam group? Click the Steam Group button below! Want to help with the coding side of things and submit commits and whatnot for bugfixes/new additions? Click the GitHub button below!

- Maxplayers limit increase to 128

- New weapons! Use "m" to view your loadout and change your weapons!
-- New weapons include:
--- Scout: Nailgun (Primary), SMG (Secondary)
--- Soldier: Beta Rocket Launcher (Primary, higher jump height, knocks back enemies)
--- Demoman: Cyclops (Primary, single shot Grenade Launcher with increase explosion radius)
--- Heavy: Lead Pipe (Melee)
--- Spy: Tranquilizer Gun (Primary, slows enemies down for a short time)

- 4 teams! Welcome the GRN and YLW team!

- The beta muzzleflash model! Use the convar "tf2c_model_muzzleflash 1" to enable it!

- No more background01 map! (You can re-enable it by editing tf/cfg/valve.rc in Notepad!)

And maybe more? Who knows at this point in time!

1. Download the client and the latest patch
2. Once downloaded, extract everything to your "steamapps/sourcemods" directory. You should now have "steamapps/sourcemods/tf2classic"
3. Go to the 'Tools' section in your Steam client
4. Install Source SDK 2013 Base Multiplayer
5. After it's installed, right click it and select Properties, then click the Betas tab and choose "Upcoming".
6. Close the properties and it should begin updating.
7. Once it has finished updating, restart Steam
8. Check your games. You should see "Team Fortress 2 Classic" has appeared on your games library.

Autoupdater program now available, but I haven't designed a button for it. For now, click here!
Current Patch: 1.7.3.1

So this is a mod that looks like what TF2 might be if it stuck with both the cartoony look and the gameplay of both TFC and TF2 Beta. Although it looks like it, this is not a TF2 server plugin, it's a full conversion Source SDK 2013 mod.

Link to original thread is here: http://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1445480

Personally, I think it looks cool, what do you guys think?