View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 09:43 PM   #41
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
. Nobody is forced to join a server they don't like. If you find yourself on a server you dislike, type quit and find one that you do like.
At the time I was playing, that would mean all 4 of them. Do you understand the problem in how that discourages players that are likely to wander into the server simply because it has people playing, as opposed to dozens and dozens of empty ones?

Quote:
Did the rules say no defensive pyros or did you ignore the rules?
I don't know, the rules weren't in the MOTD, it was a single sentence with the clan's name, saying clan rules were active, I don't believe a URL was listed, but I'm not 100%. So I guess it was assumed what the rules were. I didn't know the rules, I just had an idea of clan rules. I DID NOT know that defending myself when I'm actively being attacked was against the rules. Maybe this was a fluke or misunderstanding, but it left me with a really negative impression.

Quote:
Also, you said you were kicked. Were you banned? Because, a kick is a warning. If you weren't banned you could have rejoined and learned the rules
It said kicked, so I'm guessing I wasn't banned. Regardless, it makes me not want to touch any server like this again if I can't defend myself when I'm being attacked, regardless of the situation.

I really hope more people play FF, because I'd hate to see it die over crap like this. It seems much more popular in the UK, so for me I pretty much have to play mid-day or early afternoon if I want to see a good game. At night here, all too often I face these options:

1. Plan on a server with a map I hate
2. Plan on a server with what I consider ludicrous rules
3. Play on an empty server
4. Say hell with FF and do something else.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote