Thread: (Mod) Kreedz Climbing
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #12
ddm999
worst ff player eu

Class/Position: o - no, d - scout
Gametype: IvDZ
Posts Rated Helpful 18 Times
A long list of text about why Kreedz is fckin' awesum.

Kreedz has a mental amount of help for learning anything in the game.

Not only does the tutorial go through every part of the game, there's also .vmf mapping tutorials that go through all the button types, all the kinds of map, how to correctly carve circles in walls without using the broken tool, how to use func_detail and hint brushes correctly, all the KC entities...

EDIT: Oh, yeah, and there's a map which is a stage by stage guide to surfing, which means I can now probably surf in FF without just falling off everything because I don't know how to do it.

It's just, hey, you want to hit the ramp at the top, then slide down to the bottom while gaining speed, and hit the top again at the end of the ramp to go as far as possible.

//EDIT end

The game itself also has a special brush, which can be solid and visible only to certain people, meaning different routes with different brushes will only appear to people who pick that climb.

The medal system is fun, the game respects that some people nocheck the maps and deserve extra credit for it, the game changes the physics depending on the area you are in (which is fcking MENTAL), so that there are bhop / nobhop areas, surf / nosurf areas, and mixtures of the two.

The maps work perfectly, yet most look great at the same time, and it replicates CS 1.6 movement 100%, what with edge friction, and all that shit.

Oh, and not only can you climb / surf / bhop, there's also raceways / bhop raceways / long jumps / long jump races / bungees / KZtag with powerups and stuff but not enough people play so I don't know what it's like / 2 man climbs / 3 man climbs / 4 man climbs / powerjumps / mixed courses.

I mean, I don't own or have played CS 1.6, and I love it. :P

I also tried making a map for it. Most of the map was really easy, and even I could nocheck it, but then 2 jumps were impossible. And I'm not saying that it was just too hard for me, but I swear only the very best at KZ maps could even do it.

Also, for the first 3 hours I crouched all throughout my jumps, until someone told me crouching stops air control from working.

Then I annoyed someone because I use space to jump. I mean, I use mouse wheel for bhopping, but c'mon, that means I need to move mouse and scroll mouse at same time, is too difficults.

later edit: GOD DAMN IT I MISSED THE FLARE PART.

you can also fire flares, which can be restricted on time between firing by map triggers, they can be fired from the hl2 airboat, they trigger targets and destroy roller mines (from hl2), so there's also airboat races with flares and ROLLER MINES THAT TRY TO FCK YOU UP BUT YOUR PRO AND YOU DRIVE INTO THE ROLLER MINES SO IT'S EASIER TO BLOW THEM UP BECAUSE THEY'RE STUCK ON THE FRONT OF YOUR AIRBOAT AND THEY'RE EASY TO SHOOT COZ PRO SKILLIGES.

thanks for reading, i guess. download, play, fun, die (wait wut)

Last edited by ddm999; 08-15-2013 at 09:43 PM.
ddm999 is offline   Reply With Quote