View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 08:46 PM   #64
o_antonbear

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
i started a few years ago, dont remember exactly, but when i first got half life i could only get to the blast pit level, because i didnt know how to kill the giant worm thing, but i just used to start a new game and play up to blast pit for about a year continuosly. sad i know but i loved it. i could never play tfc at first coz i only had 56k and when ever i tried to download the update i would get cut off after 2 hours and then would have to start all over again but after a while i got cable and was able to download it. i was hooked instantly. i used to play in an american server called Drippys 2fort my ping was shocking but i didnt know anything about it, i thought my lag was the norm and i used to always be a pyro or a sniper. being a n00b was awesome! i didnt even realise there was more than one map for a month but eventually i started playing more and more and my best friend did as well. we tried making our own clan once or twice but only got a few members each time. then we joined two different clans in the UKTFCL. eventually my friend who was at this time calling himself Duk joined [.com] and i followed suit those were my best days of tfc. but eventually everyone else in the clan got good and learnt how to bhop and i couldnt so i stopped playing tfc and uninstalled half life. it was like the dark ages all over again. i still stayed in touch with all the community though through IRC and msn and did for months until i lost my internet connection for about 6 months. when i returned everything was no more. but then HL2 came out and i have been unwillingly playing cs:s to void the gap between completing the hl2 single player(which i thought was shocking compared to half life 1, what a pants ending) and for a tfc mod to come out. so i have high hopes for this baby. and thats pretty much about everything
o_antonbear is offline   Reply With Quote