Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoXideAtWork View Post
I firmly believe that this game has been designed and implemented the best way it could have been, considering the player base that it caters to.

These threads are a wash, it's the same old players with their same old personal issues with the game. Nothing will happen here, other than getting carpal tunnel from typing these long-winded unqualified diatribes on game theory.

If you have a problem with this game, do what everyone else does. Play another game that you have more fun with for a while. When you come back to FF, you can appreciate it for what it is, not what you wish it was.

Thanks.
You're assuming that this game was supposed to cater to that niche group of gamers. What if that was never the intention and all the poorly received implementations or changes have just dwindled down to that player base? These threads are not a waste, because if they were, you would find it redundant to point that out to us. If you have a problem with this thread, do what everyone else does: move along. The whole 'appreciate FF for what it is, not what you wish it were' argument encourages the development to remain static. It doesn't provide an incentive to better something that can obviously be improved. It's an appeal to ignorance. "If I ignore all the problems, they don't exist, right?" Why is there even a false dichotomy there? Maybe I enjoy Fortress Forever for what it is and wish to improve it at the same time? I mean, realistically, isn't my appreciation of the game the only thing that motivates me to want to improve it? Why would someone waste their time if they didn't give a shit?
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote