View Single Post
Old 07-03-2005, 01:48 PM   #211
o_ass-asn

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
TFC is one of the passions of my life

I think I started with TFC probably 4 years ago
I played it a couple of times with a friend and all I did was healing with the medic, being happy people said "tnx" and stuff, it was my first online game and fps game experience since wolfenstein 3D
later we got a modem at home and there was some kind of demo that allowed you to play hunted, dustbowl and 2fort I think, so I played on a lot of servers where they only had this map (like Drippy's 2fort)
started my first clan there [BBB]
later I met someone from America on some server and for some weird reason he gave me a working cdkey so started playing full version
I started playing on Belgian public servers and was recruited by GeneStealer for some clan named Rasta and learned priming grenades the same day
it was a nice time but we lost a match which our cl tought we should've won
half of the members left (including the clanleader) and I was given leadership
6 newbie players and already a bad reputation as that annoying newbie clan, there weren't a lot of hopes for this clan
so messed around on Belgian public servers recruiting people here and there
when we had a decent team we started in UKTFCL
we have a big and chaotic history and most will only remember us for the bad things I guess (not that I care) but I can honestly say that my time with [Rasta] was one of the best of my life
(though I probably spent way too much time on TFC while in Rasta, messing up social and school life)
most of my tfc career I played on a pentium 2 450 mhz, which isn't bad but I never had any edge either which constant fps can give you

later restarted ||PooL|| with Forest (didn't really have to do much with the original pool tho) and joined ERA for a while too when Rasta wasn't active
played for some other clans for short while but can't remember
we still go to lanparties together here (Rasta) and we will be reforming for FF (and we'll be playing some matches this summer for fun too)

I think it's fascinating how much a game and an online game can mean to a person, and the people you meet online

cba to write more, but I'm sure one or two here will remember [Rasta]

lastly I want to say how much I appreciate you guys here at Fortress Forever for making this mod, this is really like a dream come true
o_ass-asn is offline   Reply With Quote