Old 07-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #7
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
I play spy a lot. The only people who don't think a spy is in the room already are new players. If they stick around the new person quickly learns to think that there is a spy in the room.

Having the spy grenade "announce" that there is a spy in the area doesn't really mean anything because after the first kill or 2, the enemy already knows there is a spy around.

The problem with coming up with any other grenade type is that, they will still know a spy is around.

I'd like to see the spy grenade be a little more useful and make it so that someone doesn't want to charge through it.

Maybe have a few of the below or all of them or some kind of random mix of them.

Eyes get watery (reduce being able to see things like the tranq, longer you're in it, the worse your vision gets)

Get disorientated (controls get reversed, forward = reverse, left = right kind of thing. (or forward = left, left = reverse kind of thing))

Seeing things (3 or 4 spies show up in view swinging their knives, all of them fake)

Spy becomes invisible to infected, or anyone of the enemy teams becomes invisible to the infected.

Make Spy immune or mostly immune to the effects of his own grenade.
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote