Old 07-20-2011, 02:11 AM   #3
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/p...d=341#note2479

Since the gas grenade has mixed thoughts, and is generally viewed by the devs as a throw and forget weapon, the spy needs something else. As is he's fairly underwhelming, and most people simply play him as a medic-ish class, without concs but with disguises/backstabs.

How about he gets a grenade that, on hit, disables the weapon currently being equipped by those it hits for a few seconds (3-5 seconds). This would NOT prevent +attack2 from working (so demos could still det), and on weapons that charge (rail gun, sniper rifle), it would fire the shot as the grenade hits. In addition, the defender can switch to a different weapon after a very short delay (~1 second), and it would not work at all on melee weapons (mostly to help engies out). It could still disable SGs though, but they would have to be repairable.

Make it have a tight area of effect - maybe a little smaller than the frag grenade's splash. Spawn with 1, limit of 2. Have it be primable while cloaked, although nearby enemies would still hear the grenade click.

I think it'd add a neat amount of depth to playing spy. You could disable a key defender right as your team's swooping in to get the flag. It'd make the D vs. spy interaction more interesting than "kill him before he throws 2 grens at the SG" - the spy could just disable the SG while attacking other defenders, or stop the demo from refreshing pipes after he dets once...lots of possibilities.

Thoughts?
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote