View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 10:05 AM   #269
chilledsanity
D&A Member

Gametype: AvD, I/D, waterpolo, hunted
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Hmmm...? How do you figure? We will be testing AvD extensively also.
Well, I was given the same line for 2.0 and here's what happened:

Dustbowl:
-Multiple areas where sg's are bugged, something that's been present ever since 1.0. If AvD was being tested extensively, this shouldn't have happened. I recall noticing it my first or second game of FF on dustbowl and it's been ignored for a long time. (I have been told this is now fixed however)
-Engineers now start off with 50 metal instead of enough to build an sg, making for even more of a pack scramble
-1.1s timers make life harder for demomen at the gates and in longer stretches
-Since the game is over when O caps, if the map is balanced, O should only cap all 3 points about 50% the time. Right now I think it's more like 90%.

Cornfield:
-Jump pads, new speeds, and pyro hovering make this a JOKE for defense now. If you disagree, by all means let me demonstrate on a server somewhere.

Palermo:
-A very confusing map for someone not familiar with it

Finally, there's the sheer number of AvD maps v. CTF. There were 2 AvD maps at launch and one has been added since then. There were 6 CTF maps at launch and god knows how many now. I realize these are harder to make, but for someone who doesn't play for CTF, that doesn't leave a lot of options.
chilledsanity is offline   Reply With Quote