View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 06:18 AM   #102
Rawd

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I did like Mario All-Stars as well

Anyways, what's the point of you all saying that FF is not going to make it? So you can come back in a year and tell us "I told you so?" It's impossible to speculate on where this mod is going to go. Most of us here, hope that it will gain a huge following and succeed. I for one hope that people are playing this game 5 years from now, and I also hope that it is then re-created on Unreal Engine 5 with some more updated graphics and gameplay. I think that is what the "Forever" in FF means.. To carry on the legacy of Fortess games in the same STYLE that it was first created. I imagine playing 2fort in 2025 with photo-realistic graphics, bunny-hopping, and spamming grenades.

I am also enjoying TF2 the more that I play it, and since getting in on some good teamplay matches, I believe that it does have the right to hold the name Team Fortress 2. I think they should continue and make TF3, and so on. But like I said before, I think the majority of us here, and the reason we followed this mod from the start, is because we WANTED TFC with updated graphics. Thats all I expected anyways, and it was nice when I found out that it wasn't only the graphics that were updated, but the movement, weapons, special effects, sounds, and other things.

Back to the Mario analogy... Does anyone remember how well Super Mario 2 did? They completey changed the graphics and gameplay from SM1, and when they realized their mistake, they quickly made SM3, which pretty much went back to the roots of SM1, but with updated graphics and some new moves. But the gameplay FELT the same as SM1, thats why SM3 was so huge... I still played and loved SM2, but I never conidered it a 'real' SM game.
God I feel old...

Last edited by Rawd; 09-24-2007 at 06:25 AM.
Rawd is offline   Reply With Quote