View Single Post
Old 08-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #11
o_mooga

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
WARNING: TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS MAY EFFECT YOUR COMPUTER(S) AND/OR YOUR USB THUMB DRIVE AND/OR YOUR MP3 PLAYER AND/OR ANYTHING ELSE USED FOR THIS PROJECT. THIS MAY EVEN BRAKE SOME VALVE RULE, I REALLY DON'T KNOW. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY HAPPEN TO THE THINGS LISTED ABOVE.

Alright.
So I copyed the whole Vavle folder onto my 1 gig thumbdrive.
Now all I had installed under valve was HL and TFC. I beleve both were fully installed and ready to play off line.
I plugged the card into a USB 2.0 port on the sony computer downstairs.
I opened the card, Valve --> Steam --> Steam.exe
I opened steam and it had the old setting which were set to the computer I draged it from. Since my friend was using it, it had his name. Now it had lower setting BC my laptop can't handle the ones I normaly play with. So I turned up the settings and found a server I like (-=Mr=- or something ike that is tag. It's a dust bowl server.)
But apon entering you have to install their anoying wavs :P
Having not been on that server using the copy of steam I copied, it downloaded the wavs to the card
When I finaly got in, I jumped around for a second, took a few shoots and sure enough, it was working. I didn't try mic speackign BC I didn't have a mic with me. But it works at %100.

I would post some pics and stuff but there really isn't anythign to take pics of. If you have any ideas, post in here.

Anyone else want to give it a try?

WARNING: TRY AT YOUR OWN RISK. I DO NOT KNOW HOW THIS MAY EFFECT YOUR COMPUTER(S) AND/OR YOUR USB THUMB DRIVE AND/OR YOUR MP3 PLAYER AND/OR ANYTHING ELSE USED FOR THIS PROJECT. THIS MAY EVEN BRAKE SOME VALVE RULE, I REALLY DON'T KNOW. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT MAY HAPPEN TO THE THINGS LISTED ABOVE.
o_mooga is offline   Reply With Quote