KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Although I do like having no explosion to worry about, I do think the explosion had some level of skill to be able to kill someone with. Obviously you can't really time the grenade to explode where an enemy will be as well as a frag grenade, but to me that just makes it more difficult to get kills with its explosion. Some of the time if I am playing defense, I can hear an enemy prime a conc as they get ready to come into my base. This gives me a split second to react and throw a nail grenade, but I then have to throw it in a direction where I think they will be in when it either a) starts spinning, b) explodes, meaning I can throw it down a hallway, knowing they are going to come my way and it will explode by the time they get there if they get past me. As it stands now, you can simply bhop in most situations around the laser grenade.

Take Session for example. The upper hallway to flag room is usually guarded by a Soldier. If I hear a scout prime a conc, I prime a nail grenade, I can be in the middle of the hallway, throw a nail near the entrance to the flag room and if the scout happens to get past me, I have one last line of defense, the explosion to my nail grenade.

So in some instances, the explosion was useful. Maybe just make it not do damage, but a 1 second concus instead of just fizzing out?
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote