View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 06:07 AM   #36
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Knowing when toss the flag certainly is a skill, to some extent. It's also dependent quite a bit on luck.

The flag delay was a quick hack fix to the problem so Valve didn't have to think about it. We adapted to it, but I think it needs to go, or at least be made obvious, since it's unintuitive (and thus confusing to the newbie), and frankly stupid. Why can't I pick up the flag I just tossed? - it makes no sense, and (more importantly) isn't fun

How about this: Lets add the quake style reloading of rockets to FF, since it's a skill to know when to reload your rockets. If you choose to reload when an enemy comes, too bad! Heck, let's do that with all the reloadable weapons!

Or, how about making it so Engys can't stop themselves from building until they're done. It's a skill to know when to start building so you're not interrupted!

So yeah, the last two paragraphs were obviously sarcasm. But, to me, there's not a whole lot of difference between the situations, save for the fact that we're used to the flag delay.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote