Thread: ff_mackerel
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
o_nezumi

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ff_mackerel

Yes, Mackerel. This is a map originally made by superjer for CS, and updated by me for CSS. As soon as possible, I'll release it for FF.

Here's a screeshot to help explain things:

For reference, the tiles are 64 units wide, and the spaces between them are 32, which is just thin enough to not fall through.

When you step onto a tile, it turns clear. 2 seconds after that, it dissappears, and 4 seconds after that it reappears. No one has any weapons. The goal is to survive for as long as possible on the board, and to try to get other people to fall off the board.

Also, the board shrinks over time. The red tiles dissappear after 45 seconds, the tan ones after 90 seconds, the rusty ones after 135 seconds, and the silver ones after 3 minutes. When everyone on one team dies (in the CSS version) the round ends, and everyone and all the tiles respawn.

In the FF version, there will be 4 teams, and a round will end when only members of one team are left (assuming that this is possible with the entity system)

The CSS version is completely done now, and I'll put up a link to it soon, because I might currently have to coordinate the release of this with the release of superjer's CS version.

I'd put up more screeshots, but there really isn't much else to see.

Oh, one more thing: Everyone is launched onto the board at the start of a round, so you can controll where you land initially to some extent.

EDIT: Error! Postcount 404!! Postcount not found!!!
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote