View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007, 07:19 PM   #19
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I took the flagrun overview and sketched out a couple ideas. They don't make a whole buncha sense in an overview perspective, though, so I'll write them out.

The battlements should link back to the main base. This allows defense/snipers to get there more easily and eases offense going both directions.

I think if you just open up the back of it completely, or at least leave a decent-sized hall, that stretches all the way back to the back of the base, that would be perfect. Ramp it down at the end so it meets at the floor.

The hallway between the battlements and the neutral flag zone - the one at ground level - could be straightened out or made into two passages, just to allow more flow.

You could also add a third passage up at the corner (along the same wall as the neutral flag zone).

I've also opened up the flagroom on both ends and provided one balcony over the center where defense can set up SGs and shit, it'd probably be a good idea to extend it to the otherside as well via catwalks or what-have-you, but I'll leave that decision up to you.

Lastly, I added more walls - at an angle - to the midfield. They're arranged like a diamond with one vertical in the center, and plenty of open space between them. Just an idea, really.

Here's the sketch, in hopes that my explanation will make more sense of it.

You can use flagrun's existing ideas like chain fence, walls of boxes, etc. to block off areas and control flow for each possible entrance. This way you can create chokepoints and such so offense doesn't have full run of the base.