View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #223
FEDOR

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VentuSag3
Bridget, you do realise that the term "overpowered" has nothing to with attack strength and in fact is exactly tied to how useful a certain aspect of any game is, right?
"Overpowered" has come to have different meanings over the years, yes. It can have everything to do with attack strength. Hell, I have heard people call the Pyro overpowered so many times because they died in under two or three seconds from one running O. Not because of how useful he is, or amazing at capping he is, but because of how strong his damage is. Take a game like CS when people first got used to the AWP. They did not have to be good to use that fucking thing. You shot someone in the fucking pinky and they died. "Overpowered" is all you heard for the longest time, solely based on the "attack strength" as I understand your use. No, I am not saying it is used to define attack strength alone. I am stating that it has referenced different things in different games. On that note, I do agree that the term should be more distinctly broken down in reference to this discussion.

If someone comes along and claims 1+1=3 then we already know (any and all arguments the person makes) based on this (will be irrational).

Or did you mean to say "If someone comes along and claims 1+1=3 then we already know, based on this, any and all arguments the person makes will be irrational."

Genuinely curious as these have two different implications, the latter saying he is simply an idiot and you can take nothing seriously from him and the former saying you can only take everything but his math seriously. I'll be reading your posts differently should you say the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff
Please close this thread? Really? This thread has more action than most, if not all, forums on the FF forums and you want it dead? Who cares if it happens to be a cycle? People have shit to say and they will say it 'til they are tired of arguing. THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE FINAL HERO.

Quote:
Bridget's SPOT ON FIVE PARAGRAPHS
Pretty much how all pubs go. Two or three of the people on offense will be eventually be found camping the battle elements, or more often than not changing to defense. Not understanding why people keep arguing against simple facts like these that define an issue. AMAZING STORY BRUV. Would read it again, A+++ fuk yer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen
Ohhh, gotcha. One of those guys who gets called out, but instead sticks to his original, baseless insult. Awesome! Here is a hint: Just because you can link your feeble-minded intentions to something in your vastly open written statement, it does not mean it will be taken the same way by any or all other. This is why we learn to be clear and direct when defending a position, save you happen to be a great philosopher! You are too stupid for the latter. English lesson done.