View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 09:41 PM   #10
Chickenprotector
Flamer of Worlds
D&A Member

Class/Position: Pyro (O)
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
At the moment, this is just a rinse and repeat of what happened with the Nail gren. You're using class emphasis rather than the in-game dynamics as an excuse for your design decisions that CLEARLY aren't liked.

If you've seen me in a few pubs, you've seen me play with it as a pyro (albeit rarely). I use it for mid-range engagements when closing the distance is FAR too dangerous I'm low on health, or to finish off an enemy who's got low health from burns. It's dynamic.

The IC is useless at longer ranges because it's essentially a mortar and it takes time to aim it right, doing that on the fly is not terribly easy.

My point is, don't change the class dynamic unless you've actually played it regularly to get a grasp of what it does and what it'll do with gameplay. Doing rash decisions like this will upset your player base at best and are very bad design decisions. It happened before with the Nail Grenade, so let that sink in for a minute.

I'm not going to argue past wounds it's pointless, but this is what I was getting at, this as the potential to piss off the playerbase. Think before you act, and be sure to poll the community rather than make rash decisions. This would count as rash in my book. Frankly I don't care either way, it'd be nice to have as a backup weapon so I can disengage and stick at a slight distance while I pump them full of holes till they burn to death rather than waste time with mortar shots.

Anyway, it's in-game already, there's not much to do 'sept bitch let's just leave it at that.

Last edited by Chickenprotector; 03-27-2015 at 09:53 PM.
Chickenprotector is offline   Reply With Quote