D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
But the teams can't cap concurrently. There is only 1 ball. The teams effectively switch "roles" every time the ball changes to the opposite team's control. In that sense, assisted movement only helps the current ball controllers (just like in AvD).
Yea, that's why I said each team has 'equal opportunity', it's not ideal, but my point still stands. Waterpolo is still vastly different than AvD when all factors are accounted for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
Also, I'm not sure assisted movement is required for fun. I think just movement in general is. A nade + rocket combo can get you far, but it is at a cost, which is very important. Waterpolo with friendly fire on would be just as, if not more, fun (in my opinion).
I don't disagree necessarily, but I know I've gotten my fair share of hearty laughs out of seeing someone get launched sky-high with 8 pipes. However, you do make a good point, if people got launched with consequences (friendly fire) it would make the game a little bit easier. I guess that's one of the parallels you can draw between AvD and waterpolo, then.

I think armor stripping is ideal, though.

Last edited by GenghisTron; 02-04-2010 at 10:43 PM.
GenghisTron is offline   Reply With Quote