View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 10:21 PM   #44
WarDieS

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I have been playing the beta and I think its a great game. It's really fun to play in pubs.

But my concern is the competitive side of it.

Point One
I don't like the "Press Q to kill their entire team" style (Phara, Mccree, Soldier 76, Hanzo, Reaper, D.Va). It's really frustating defending trying to land headshots on Tracers, Genjis, Midair Junkrats etc. And then you hear the "DIE DIE DIE" quote from reaper because he just teleported and pressed Q.

It's not proportional to what I am doing nor my team (The same goes for when I am the one pressing Q) and it is hardly avoidable.

Point Two
Some of weapons are dumbed down way to much. Let's take Winston weapon as an example. This is some kind of laser gun that doesn't need to be aimed at your opponent, the general direction its just enough as long you are in range. This is crazy.

Mei, Its just an spray that frozes you in two seconds preventing your movement of any kind. It is really annoying getting killed like that because is requires almost no aim. If you don't kill her in two seconds she kills you 100%.

Zenyatta orb of discord, you have to just press E when a big marker shows up saying "E". Wtf Blizzard, you can't even miss it.

Symmetra....I think you get the idea

Point Three

Some of the maps are great and some of them feel really chaotic. But I am not really sure about this aspect until I play it on a real clan game style situation. (TFC was a real mess in publics)
Some maps have clear choke points that are there intentionally put there and those maps can be a little repetitive in the way you try to get in. (Jump in without using ultimates, force them to use some ultimates. Respawn and jump in using ultimates, repeat until success, end of round).

But something tells me control maps are fucked up (Ilios, Lijiang Tower, Nepal) even tho they are fun in quick match. They feel like an arena game mode most of the time (wich is not the problem).
The problem is shown in this
Look at the teams compositions of both teams, 21 classes and look what happens. I am aware this might change with balance changes and the "meta" itself. My point is, it currently looks broken to me.

The good thing is, I really believe some of the classes are really fun and challenging like Genji (Just look at the video I mentioned earlier) and the idea that lives inside Overwatch its a great idea. You can honestly feel the skill needed to play really well some of the classes, and thats good.

TL/DR The game is really fun for pubs (actually it is awesome) but it may not work that well in a competitive environment on its current state. It needs a redo of some of the classes (Highly unlikely on the other hand), maps and ultimates.
WarDieS is offline   Reply With Quote