Old 02-02-2010, 12:14 AM   #20
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Hey there,

Ok, I can see your point on this Bridget, but I'd have to slightly disagree with you because of map dependencies. Now Anticitizen is a good AvD map. It takes pretty good organization on the Defense side of things to keep the offense out. But, There's nothing you can do against 2/3 spies up until 3. They dominate the AvD offensive side. Once you get to 3 you can pretty much rule the spy out if everyone spy checks. As long as you have a really good demo and a bunch of sg's around the cap on 3 you can hold it until times up. and if they land the flag close, it gets easier to defend. I've won on defense plenty of times on that map.

But as for Dustbowl. That map is shit and can easily be taken. At 1) you pipe the flag carrier with 4 pipes, make sure he's a small distance from the pipes so he can get more x then y. At 2, you have a sniper shoot you in the back on the left side of the gate, pushing the flag carrier all the way to the tunnels. On 3, you get a sniper to shoot you from the left side of the gate to send you around the hill landing near the middle but with a bhop of 800ish. At 1 and 2, at the end you pretty much go with spies if you dont get it in with the flag carrier.. They'll get it in, in no time. As for 3, if the flag carrier is a scout, when he lands at mid 3, he can quickly place a JP and hit it before the defense gets to him. Thusly getting the cap if theres not d at the cap (which there usually isn't unless someone on d dies, or someone sets up a d on cap which still usually isn't enough vs a scout on a JP.)

Now with maps like avanti and Palermo, it's pretty balanced both ways.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote