View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 01:32 PM   #5
Green Mushy
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via AIM to Green Mushy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefox11 View Post
Oh yeah. The J.Pad breaks this, too (And everyone is aware of this). You had to take damage/armor damage in order to do successive jumps in TFC, now people flies across the map like it's no thing.
This is totally right. One thing i have observed in FF, which i think is important that we retain, is that players must make some sort of sacrifice to obtain fast aerial movement. In both the cases of using a jumppad and getting boosted by a demoman teammate, this rule is broken. ( you can also jump off of teammates detpacks ) This allows full hp attackers into the air at fast speeds, which FF currently does not have a strong counter to, so i believe it is overpowered.

In coming up with a solution, it is also important that the demoman does not deal his teammates damage, as the dev team agrees that we dont want to give players the ability to grief in any way, or have the ability to accidentally have a negative impact on his team. So, some solutions for those 3 problems i have at the top of my head: Jumppads are team oriented and destroyable( so they have a counter ), and friendly push forces from teammates have a max cap of a very low push. So you could jump on an 8 pipe trap, and would get pushed no more then 2 pipes no matter the pipe number. This would be a good improvement to those broken movement mechanics, but i believe it doesnt completely fix the underlying problem.
Green Mushy is offline   Reply With Quote