View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 05:35 PM   #237
o_schmucky

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I've sorta been out of the TFC and in general PC gaming kinda scene for a while after taking a much needed exit from it all. With the recent mod developments for HL2 not to mention contacting old friends who i used to play with has kinda given me a yearning what for I used to love (time pending)

I got into TFC way back when it first came out. I had just recently at the time got a copy of HL and at the time I didnt really understand what mods were, nor how they got downloaded etc. All I remember was somehow playing a cooler version of half life It kinda went from there, I was playing it for nights and hours on end during my teenage days, probably getting extremely unhealthy in the process but loving every minute of it.

I met these two singaporean dudes (Aaron and H20) on a server who happened to be in Australia as well, we sat around talking for about an hour, including numerous crowbar and spanner wars. Having never really joined a clan before, I joined their clan [LEGION] and it kinda went from there. It was really amazing watching us go from hapless newbs who had our asses handed to us, to being a competetive clan in the aus TFC scene.

I have so many memories of wars with BBQ, TECH, DSX, E4E, iRG and making some damn good friends along the way. I still miss those times. TFC and LEGION in general was a great influence on my life, with friends made through LANs and playing games leading to real life friendships away from the pixelated world, still to this very day. It was a very sad day for me, even though I had stopped playing TFC sometime in 2003 before LEGION actually closed its doors. I dont know, I think being loyal to a clan for x amount of years I guess you form a certain attachment to it.

Back when I was really into TFC, I really admired the style of play that the Euro clans had. SHS, BC and DW were clans I always loved watching demos from. It was interesting to see how they improved on things or did them differently to Aussies.

I loved TFC because the people always made me feel welcome, and 'loved' in a sense. Its why I still come back.

I stopped playing TFC to kinda get on with my life, TFC had been a very large part of my life, too large a part unfortunately to the point where I felt I needed a change in scenery. After quitting TFC I went on to complete my computer science degree, met my future girlfriend (who i'm still with to this day) and am now working for NEC Australia doing systems design, web design, and testing for them.

I have been getting the urges lately but my life is simply too different for now to contemplate some sort of return. I do however, still enjoy reading up and catching up with old pals on forums, and offering advice where I can to newer players, as well as keeping up with the recent FF developments and the eager anticipation to see what the HL2 engine can deliver.

Look forward to chatting with you all.

- schmucky
o_schmucky is offline   Reply With Quote