View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 05:04 PM   #220
o_summit

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Back in the Day

I haven't been to active on these forums but have been eagerly anticipating the coming of this mod more and more, so I've taken a new interest in reading some of the old posts and such. Per the suggestions of the first post in this thread, I'm gonna touch on my own TF beginnings and see where I go from there.

I started playing TF way back before MegaTF came out for Quake 1. I was turned on to it by a close friend from school who went (and still goes) by the name R0CK3TM4NN. At the time Quake was what I believe was the only FPS game available for the Mac (the family computer) and after having to find alternatives to all the essential PC progs like GameSpy and QWTF and such in order to play online, I took to playing in public TF servers- I think it was like TF 2.9 or something? Anyway I wasn't too interested in clan play, but a few months later I discovered MegaTF and it became my new religion.

In all I played MegaTF for close to three years, mostly as Medic and Sniper, even after I bought/built my first PC (not a Mac). For the duration of those years I went by the name Bazooka Joe, Baz, Oso Vega (for a short time, inspired by the Clancy novels), and finally Summit, the name I use even today. I took to competitive clanning almost the whole time I was in high school, and became a bit of a clanwhore representing the likes of SYP, CTP, r337, and a few others, and even took to starting up my own clan with my brother (Deathgrip), which played a few solid matches over the span of about 5 or 6 months bearing the name Havok & Khaos (H&K).

I didn't play TFC for long, as I found it to be less fulfilling than MTF, and there was not as strong a sense of community, with so many new/temporary members, but I did play for about a year as Summit and joined a clan that I can't even remember the name of, we even maintained a #1 ranking in the TFC bracket of the OGL for about a month at one point.

Through all the years the most memorable aspects of my TF experiences have been the friends I've made. Specifically those who have literally influenced my life are:

Roxx
Apothecary
Rufus
Red Devil
Magna
M
and most importantly, Darkstar and Brightstar.

If any of you guys read this post, please reply because I'd love to get back in touch with any and all of you again.

Fortress Forever! (literally)
o_summit is offline   Reply With Quote