View Single Post
Old 08-05-2005, 11:13 AM   #218
o_toffee

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
WOW reading this thread has brought back a lot of fond memories Being bored at work the last few days Ive been reading up on FF and reading these forums a lot, and thought I should finally make a post.

Firstly I Would just like to say hello to some of the people I havent spoken to for a long time who have posted here ! Its nice to see some familiar names.

I havent been playing seriously for over 2 years now I would say, but I started soon after TFC was released. Ive been in clans such as VVV, LTD, DA and MUF (hello georgie, tay !! ). I also played in many of the ECTFC's for Wales. But my longest time was spent with CJK and perhaps I would be best remembered as the poor guy who had to bring some resemblance of order to that gang of misfits for a long time.

At my peak I was playing every night pretty much as clan leader of CJK during the time tomos (better know as drtom by those of you fortunate enough not to know him as well) speaks of above. That was hard work and I burnt out and didnt play so much after that. Ive played with DA and LTD since then, and also reformed CJK when I was bored but it wasnt quite the same level of commitment from any of us.

Id like to think I made a lot friends through TFC and it brought a lot of enjoyment to me when I was younger. Living in the remote parts of Wales (Im finally able to upgrade from ISDN to broadband!!!!!) it gave me something to do in the evenings as there certainly wasnt much else. But since starting Uni 2 years ago and working down in London for a years placement this year I havent had as much time, but Im hoping I can play a lot when FF comes out because I feel that buzz again reading about it and seeing all these familiar names.

Keep up the good works FF dev's it's looking impressive so far! Theres a lot of peoples hopes pinned on this to recreate the good old days and from what Ive seen Im sure you will deliver. Its reassuring seeing the likes of rebo and defrag in there working on it as you always had your heads screwed on from what I can remember back in the day.
o_toffee is offline   Reply With Quote