View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 01:33 AM   #204
o_shurai

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I played Quake Team Fortress on the now defunct HEAT.net in 1999 - 2000, back then I played competitively with numerous clans in the community. sD (Smoke Dawgz) and DM2 (Da Mob 2) to name some. When HEAT.net shut down, a small portion of the community moved to Mplayer in hopes of continuing to play QTF. We were met with much scorn from the established community on Mplayer, referred derogatively as "heaters". 4 clans made up our small group, and the clans were beginning to die out. Therefore we established a HEAT guild, open exclusively to anyone who played on HEAT.net. DM2 died, and later joined up with LTK (License to Kill), which was the leading HEAT clan. The clan would host their own leagues on Mplayer, like Clan Ladder 1-6 and Pug League. When Mplayer was bought by Gamespy, we had one last match with the best clans on Mplayer vs. LTK and the HEAT guild. We won that match narrowly.

After Mplayer, the group was split to going into QWTF and TFC.. LTK went to TFC. We were not as successful in TFC as we had hoped, the difference in gameplay and attendance problems are the usual plagues. Inner troubles brewed within LTK and the clan split apart. Some joining K}{R, some creating their own clan -]eF[- and myself tried to establish a new clan, but there was lack of commitment. The HEAT guild still very much alive even though LTK was crippled. After a few months of inactivity, the leader of LTK gathered the HEAT guild to play QWTF and played in STA. I played in some matches but that time was a sort of a blur for me. We parted ways after the league season ended. I've been on and off with QWTF and TFC. I joined SLAYER around 2003, been an active community member, I play for fun now. I don't have much motivation to compete, unless its on QWTF

I've had a few handles. Any QTFer around might recognize my nick.

HEAT.net, Mplayer & TFC in 2002: Zyloxx
TFC in 2003: Koroshi, Exsilium
QWTF, MegaTF and presently: Shurai
o_shurai is offline   Reply With Quote