View Single Post
Old 08-06-2006, 03:46 PM   #277
o_josh1122

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I started TFC back in 2000 I believe. I lived right down the street from my cousins house and one day when I went over there I saw him playing this game and sat there and watched him play and thought ''damn this game looks pretty cool''.

He eventually let me play it on his computer, the first map i ever played was Hunted,at least from what i can remember it was. Needless to say i got my ass handed to me pretty good, but i tried out every class to see what everyone was capeable of.

The next week I picked up Half Life for myself so I could play TFC too along with my cousin. After I practiced and got beat by him dozens of thouands of times he told me about this league that he was in that played matches every week, it was called Area51, he was currently on the team [PG].

I joined the league shortly after he told me about it and got put on GK, which was short lived because the leaders of that team were total assholes and was aked to be removed from that team and asked to be switched to the newest team in the league, [LRC] Little Red Corvette, Which turned out to be the greatest decision i ever made in the world of TFC.

We started off as a total noob team but stayed together and got alot better as a team, working hard with eachother every season and eventually we won the league title in Season 5. After the Area51 finally died i decided to try out the STA clan scene.

Starting out in STA 5v5 with a bunch of friends from the Area51 league, we formed [iF]. We lasted a few months,we didnt do too shabby but eventually we broke because of members running into RL issues. I finally then decided to try my luck in 9v9 with tM. which lasted short too before it ended up dying.

I eventually got good enough to play at higher levels of gold/plat level as soldier and stayed clanning at that level for awhile,eventually dropping down to Bronze here and there to play with old friends as i did in a clan i formed called [gOg] Girls on Girls..even though we had no girls in the clan lol.

I retired from TFC shortly after being on [D.v.S] because of real life issues with my family. But in the end I started ''getting the itch'' to want to play again and did come back, ive been back for 4 months now,still trying to shake off the rust,currently playing Sundays to Thursdays for CbK,BoA and iE.

Hearing about FF excited me,basically just because of the way it looked. I had always wondered if TFC was polished and had better graphics, what would it look like? Well I found my answer. I even bought HL2 last week so id be able to get FF as soon as it comes out. If my anticipation for a new Fortress game wasnt enough, Valve announces TF2. Now people can say what they want about ''omg sucky cartoony graphics,ITS NOT TFC!'' but I for one think the game looks really good and am excited about both Fortress games.

Plain and simple, the reason why i still play TFC is because of the community. I'll always say the Area51 community is better than any other gaming community ive been in and im sure alot of other members can say the same. That community was like one big family to myself and i'll always remember my time spent there and the friends i made.

I look forward to continuing Fortress Forever and TF2 in the revived Area51 League in due time SUNDAY BRUNCH WILL BE BACK
o_josh1122 is offline   Reply With Quote