Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YomMamasHouse View Post
Oh man, dig dug, there's an old memory of mine. I tried playing that on a PC emulator but it just wasn't the same experience.
I have found that to be the case with a lot of games. I even bought an "Atari 2600 style" joystick for my PC, and run some games through emulation...... even with the familiar joystick, it's just not the same.

Right now, my "game room" consists of 4 machines in the dining room. The three uprights against the wall, and Dig Dug got moved in there to serve as a prep table when not being played. It was in the living room, originally put there as a coffee table our pit bull couldn't move. Sadly, it sits a little too high for that purpose.

My "future project" is to have an actual dedicated room(or basement) for them, all done up like an old 80s style arcade. It will probably mean having to re-wire the area for enough power to have them all on at the same time. That will be in a future home we don't have yet.

Yes, I have a VERY understanding wife. How many women do you know that would actually "sacrifice" dining space for 30+ year old video games the size of a refrigerator?

There are a few games on my "must have" list that are more for her than for me..... so I guess that's a bit of compromise.

One of my fellow collectors not only has an incredible game room set up, but hand-built a 50s style diner just off of it for his wife to entertain in:

Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote