View Single Post
Old 03-15-2010, 02:58 AM   #6
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
I do like do play a bit of ctf / skill maps but late night with some friends just to chill escape maps are the best : )

I´m a mapper too (newbie one) and almost all entitys from hl2 will work in ff, and u also can use lua that allows you to do even + stuff, i would love to do some escape maps, but it requires advanced mapping skills to map them, because isnt only geometry and place resppaws and flags and ur done, u need logic entitys stuff and some advanced stuff : \

Atm the only escape maps in FF are is ff_escapebasex / ff_k_thegame / ff_heavy-machinery all made by the same dude.

I´m pretty sure all FF comunity would love to see more escape maps, because its fun to frag, but cooperative gameplay like escape maps are great to chill , im a server owner too and people dont play a lot the existing escape maps because they already played them like a lot of times : )

About breaking stuff in future versions and stuff, i did some maps that here broke with some new versions, but trought lua, i was able to fix them without new compiles and stuff : )

And btw u can decompile or get the files of the sourcegold hammer files save it as rmf, and open them in hl2 hammer and just change spaws entitys and textures and a lot of stuff will work for sure.

What i miss in FF atm compared to TFC is the tons of escape / fun maps.
If u make any escape map, ill upload and run it on my servers like right away

Last edited by zE; 03-15-2010 at 03:03 AM.
zE is offline   Reply With Quote