View Single Post
Old 06-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #142
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
Reminds me of hook mod for tfc, which was horrible all around. I'd rather the spy have some other skill/technique that helps with speed, maybe something similar to the assassins from Half Life/Black Mesa, but without the flips n shit.
That's bullshit, you know it would be way better than the shitty hook mod. My only qualm is that it probly wouldn't take much skill, but then the results wouldn't be so powerful as to require a high skill ceiling. Even still there would be skill involved with chaining a small amount of hooks together (say two tops...) to get a sort of sling shot effect. It wouldn't really be over powered and it'd be a great amount of fun for the spy. Beyond movement it would also allow the spy to hide in harder to reach places which plays well into the whole sneaky spy thing.

It's a concept that could be picked up immediately by newer players, and also perfected by veterans with larger map/physics based knowledge. Which is the biggest bonus and kind of exactly what we're looking for.