View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #11
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Though I don't think it fixes the problem, I think the jump pad should have a 'recharge' delay between jumps to stop entire teams just stepping one after another onto it and getting propelled toward the defense with minimal effort. I agree with reducing the friendly push of pipes, perhaps make detpacks have non-existent friendly push.

@Raynian: I'm not sure about the 'one person' thing. If you space out pretty well, multiple people can get air off the pipes. In some scenarios, too, there is little need for air control. On the first capture point of Palermo, piping to the second requires some air control, but blasting team mates over the concrete wall to the next is pretty damn linear, as is the last capture point on Anticitizen. You can press forward, jump, and let go of your mouse/keyboard and let generic forward momentum take you to the target.

There's also the flamethrower. Demoman pipes plus the flamethrower is stupid. Even if the pyro can't make it to the capture point, he can propel himself up above the map and 'parachute' down with some air control. This is what ruins waterpolo. It's usually fun trying to pick off the pipe jumping Scouts, but when you see a Pyro a million miles up flaming across the sky for a full minute, then ... ugh.

What about increasing the weight of flag holders? I don't mean reducing their run speed; That's another discussion. I'm suggesting that they fall faster in the air due to the flag. This might not fix the problem, but it's a start.

Last edited by Bridget; 02-01-2010 at 08:10 PM. Reason: spelling error
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote