View Single Post
Old 09-14-2007, 02:25 AM   #82
Imbrifer
Religious Stamp Machine
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Imbrifer
Quote:
We've been exploiting and bombing people all over the world for hundreds of years? Really? Hundreds of years? Hundreds?
Yes. Here are a few places we've had military operations over the past 231 years. I'll give you some off the top of my head: China (during Opium wars), Russia (during revolution), El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Dominican Republic, Phillippines, Jamacia, Greece, Mexico, Cuba, Peru, Colombia, Panama, Iraq, Congo,... should I keep going? Just because you weren't taught this in the American school system doesn't mean it ain't true.

Quote:
You also don't mention that one of the goals of Al Queda is to establish Islamic states throughout the world and to overthrow Governments that are not Islamic in nature.
Al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations wouldn't be able to recruit people, raise money or grow without people who see us butcher and starve innocents. You don't remember us bombing Iraqi water treatment plants during the '90s, do you? What about the 30,000+ civilians we've killed since 2003? You don't know how many troops we've had stationed in the middle east for the last fifty years, do you?

How can you support putting our nation at further risk by attacking civilians, thus swelling the ranks of terrorist groups? This war has shown us that wars consistently fail at stopping terrorism. Studies have shown that the phenomenon of suicide bombing and terrorism is a response to oppression and imperialism. Additionally, the 9/11 commission report stated our foreign policy was the central reason for al-Qaeda attacking us. The evidence is overwhelming.

Let me restate something: To fix a problem, fix what is causing the problem, don't start murdering people in response.
Imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote