View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 12:10 AM   #30
WetWired

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
The argument that "I like that the o-t server is like that, it gives my servers more players" is bad. What if the o-t server wasn't like that, wouldn't you get more players by proxy?
How is that "bad"? By your own admission you desire more populated servers. The fact that so many people are banned from their server actually aids in making your dreams come true. When OT is 15/22, and someone tries to join and is banned, they might not think those servers with 3/20 looks so bad now. They might try joining them, and in no time, there's 2 servers full of people, and so on. Not everyone who is new to this game is new to games in general. Most of them "get" how it works. If they find themselves banned from that server, having never played the game, it's not a guaranteed "fuck this, I'm uninstalling". They may simply go to another server with fewer people. If there aren't any, they may wait until the next night and try again. You're pulling your information out of your ass. You assume they'll do what you think they'll do.

And you talk about flawed logic.