View Single Post
Old 04-10-2015, 08:58 PM   #4
Headz

Posts Rated Helpful 81 Times
Trouble is if you buy fx8350 a cheap board will throttle the cpu down due to poor and not many vrm's so to get the best out of the 8350 you would need something like a sabertooth ( I had one ) very good boards but cost a fair amount.

If you decided to overclock then a much more expensive psu is required for it.
In UK the price of an i5 4690k is about the same as 8350/70 but you can get away with a much cheaper board as the power useage for them is very low in comparison, so you save money on board and psu.

Most games still like higher single threaded performance, and when dx12 comes it is even less cpu overhead, so have this in mind for the future.

Work out the cost and spend the rest on a decent gpu, I would wait for release news of upcoming a amd 300 series, but looks like most of them are going to be a rebrand except the 390/x as of now.

As for going i5 using the stock cooler will be ok for stock speeds but and evo 212 cooler would allow for some great oc's as well as being cheap.

I went from sabertooth, phenom x6 oc 1100t to a 4690k and gigabyte soc force mobo, very impressed at the difference if fps, the minium fps have shot up in games and sometimes average double what my phenom did on cpu demanding games, gcard is a 7950 3gb.

All the best on your choice.

Last edited by Headz; 04-11-2015 at 10:42 PM. Reason: spelled cat wrong
Headz is offline   Reply With Quote