trepid_jon
Ray Ray Johnson
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Civilian
Gametype: Rocket Jousting
Affiliations: EAFD
Posts Rated Helpful 78 Times
Send a message via ICQ to trepid_jon Send a message via AIM to trepid_jon
Every dev hits walls, sometimes once, sometimes many times...with me and some others, it comes and goes. Currently, there is this post-steam wall that most of us are trying to get through. And personally, there's this old Source wall I'm wanting to get through, but every time I start diving into the 2013 port I'm reminded of nightmares.

I still maintain the best thing to do is get FF on Source 2013 with Mac and Linux support as well as many much moosens worth of Steam enhancements, like workshop first and foremost. All that and/or moving to a new engine, preferably Source 2 but we still know nothing about it haha...so the most logical thing is to go all in on the current codebase and make sure it's all as modern as it can be.

Something I've been contemplating has been prototyping a new hunted. I'm obsessed with that mode and think it'd be cool to make a "nextgen" hunted just to make it. Can't decide if I want to start it in Source 2013 or something else like unreal or unity...or fucking source 2 amiright whaaa. But it could just be ff_hunted2 in current FF with all sorts of new junk thrown in separated from current stuff somehow, not for sure yet.

Anyways, squeek is on point. We'll see what happens now. I really think a lot of motivation could come from people seeing/playing something brand new.

You know, Pepsi was once the choice of a new generation...
trepid_jon is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.