KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
The inherit problem with O-T server is they are not user friendly. They can have as much statistical information as they can to give people access to more than just what the game offers, and still be a shittily run server. But maybe that's just because I have a difference of opinion on how a server should be run. With that said, I don't agree with their rules, therefore I do not play in their server. Simple as that.

"There's some places in life you just shouldn't curse. Get the fuck over it babies."

I guess this isn't one of those places? People who censor other people are in it for the power, the control over other people. I've had many a discussion with what's his face, the leader of O-T, about censorship and he is devout in his belief that using words that are considered to be profane are the debil and need not ever be spoken, regardless of it being ingrained into most people's vocabulary.

Without words, what are we but mammals walking this planet? Without speech, we aren't human. What sets us apart from other species is our ability to understand and comprehend what is being spoken or written, or typed or whatever media. There is a big difference between yelling, "GOD FUCKING DAMNIT," and "YOU ARE A FAGGOT."

Context is the key difference. That's the reason I don't like O-T. They take a more preemptive approach of weeding out people who may use profanity to belittle another person, whilst disallowing people to use it in a context that is not against another person. I am of the belief that if you are a server owner, it is your obligation to weed out the assholes, the douchers, the griefers, the wankers, from the server, regardless of the language they use.

Another example is saying What's up nigga! See, that is not a racist comment. It is a greeting. Saying, quit acting like a nigger, now that is clearly racist and for whatever reason, the small minded folks over at O-T don't seem to grasp that concept.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote