View Single Post
Old 01-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #37
illogicality-
pwning CTF since 1999

Class/Position: Yes
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [ gr. ], UGC-FF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Since the premise of this game is capture the flag, I agree with Bridget that sniper has a naturally unfair advantage over the other classes.

Should we take it out? Probably not. It draws players to this game which has a hurting player-base already. Most (young) gamers, today, will play Sniper because it seems easy and gives them an advantage. Many of them will see other things in the game that can be done, like concing, bunnyhopping, rocket jumping, gren/rocket combos, etc and try to learn those, thus advancing their FF ability and, hopefully, aiding to capturing or defending the flag.

I recently 'returned' from a six month hiatus. When I left I was fed up with the player base for exactly what Bridget was stating - but not just sniper... pyro as well... SOMEONE NERF HIM!! Since returning I've seen a pretty interesting occurrence... the VAST majority of people who ONLY played sniper when I left, six months ago, are now bunnyhopping, playing soldier, etc. Even Leo can play engineer and not JUST snipe. Only very few pyros from before are playing other classes (many still just whore pyro) so maybe the problem isn't with sniper.. maybe it's with flame-o?

Another thing you'll notice is that you won't EVER see a sniper being used in a pickup or actual match because it is a waste.

This truly is a great game but it always needs a draw for new players. Sniper is that draw. I, personally, can deal with the occasional sniper picking me off in mid air but I normally get the last laugh.

Last edited by illogicality-; 01-12-2010 at 08:33 PM.