Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
As much as I despise this man, I think it's absolute bullshit to blame him for 'increased danger' to our soldiers' lives, especially when the blame is being thrown on him by the media. I'm tired of people pretending like they care for the troops. If you cared for them, you wouldn't have sent them off to fight an illegitimate war in the first place. You only care for the fucking troops when it's beneficial to your cause and gets you a few brownie points.

(Generally speaking)
How can you not see an increased danger to the soldiers lives? Basicly, he's inciting violence against non-Muslims. The extremist nutjobs will use this as an excuse to recruit more suicide bombers, soldiers, etc... to the cause of blasting non-Muslims into oblivion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc View Post
I think you're probably right.

I am not sure that the 1st Amendment covers this guys actions....here's why:

We can all generally agree that not all speech enjoys protection on the 1st Amendment. Yelling "fire" in a crowded theater is a commonly cited example. The idea being that speech intended to incite panic or violence and cause harm is not protected. Also, Libel and Slander enjoy no protection...but that's not relevant here. So...what is the purpose of this burning? I'm having a hard time seeing this as having any intention other than trying to incite conflict with the Muslims. If that could be shown to be true...I don't think this would fall under the protection of the 1st Amendment.

I believe the same to be true of the funeral actions of the members of the Westboro Baptist Church as well.
Well put, and I agree 100%.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote