View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #46
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper
scuzzy how can you talk of character and integrity when you are showing none?
Reap you're in the dark about how Bridget has acted and attacked our clan environment for the last 6 years, one that you have gained the benefits from and enjoyed for those 6 years. These forums are not that environment and I treat Bridget with as much respect as he treats me. He deserves none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron
Do you really think it's in the best interest of a business to turn away workers who are excellent workers because they don't dress to a societal 'norm'?
If their job requires it, absolutely. Causing distractions, turning customers away by your appearance, these are legitimate business concerns. Businesses aren't there to help you work through "finding yourself", they are there to make money, period. Doing so requires a level of conformity and comfortability in the workplace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tron
The thing is, like I said, it's not about hiring the 'best' worker, it's about hiring the conformist who won't ask questions when he sees or does something that is ethically questionable, it's about hiring the conformist who has already been conditioned all his life to follow 'norms', which makes him a perfect fit for a corporation.
That's a huge stretch, if you don't hire "Bob the nosering guy" you're looking for unethical workers. Come on, you know better then that.

Given a choice between to equal candidates should the business hire the guy that everyone will talk about (lost productivity) and perhaps not be comfortable around or the guy that they will? Which pick would be in the best interests of the business Tron?

Scuzzy