View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 10:22 PM   #43
AfterShock
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 45 Times
I just played overwatch and had the similar opinion. I am so disappointed with what they've done.

They've managed to create an entirely new game with exciting new classes and capabilities and fail to solve any of the existing problems that similar games have struggled with. Its just a messy cluster of bodies where you point and click and getting behind people means you can shoot them in the back.

I'm sure there is some depth and counters to the classes they've designed but the fundamentals in the game modes are just bad.

They've got all these movement abilities in the game, but the game rotates around a big empty warehouse with a capture point in the middle, or a slow moving payload van where you just spam rockets and grenades onto it.

Everyone has infinite ammo so the spam is unreal, the HUD is so noisy you dont know whats going on, and the art style is just all over the place. I honestly have no idea how i got "play of the match" half the time because i was just shooting people in the most obvious TF2 / COD / TFC pub server way.

EDIT: on the upside lots of interesting mechanics to consider putting into FF / another similar game in future (in a non retarded way).

EDIT2: Rocket league is still awesome

Last edited by AfterShock; 05-09-2016 at 10:24 PM.
AfterShock is offline   Reply With Quote