Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Llama
The brushes you see when you click the vis group "original geometry", whats that?
That is the decompiled .bsp from TFC. It breaks it up into unusable 1-unit thick "shells" of each brush, instead of the full brushes.

Quote:
Whats an info_overlay?
It's almost identical to a decal, but with overlays you can control the height/width/what brushes it displays on/etc.

Quote:
You sure the texture "session_glass_blue" isnt missing? I get the purple/black checkered texture in Hammer.
I was worried about that. Just do a replace, replacing "ff_session/session_glass_blue" with "ff_2mesa3_classic/session_glass_blue" and the same for red. It should work fine then. It works ingame though, due to pakratting.

Quote:
Im not sure about the use of env_cubemaps except for reflections in water but you added so many of them, everywhere. Why is that necessary?
It's not necessary, but cubemaps (when built) are used to get correct reflections for any reflective material. In FF, there are very few reflective materials, so it's not terribly important. SGs are the most reflective and most apparent; and, if you go sniper and look at the scope on the model, you can see the reflection change as you run around.

Quote:
So much more to say, but really, impressive work.
Thanks.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote