View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 01:21 AM   #53
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge View Post
I assume everyone includes everyone but white males. Racism can't touch us, yet, we've got some massive white guilt. It's absurd.
While I've seen that "white guilt" I don't have it. I treat people based on how they behave.

As to Harry Reid. He (mis)represents my state and there is nothing he can do at this point that would make me like him other than resign. The election through which he gained that office was a travesty. His campaign was as nasty as anything I've ever seen....ever. His actions in office and meeting with him on one occasion in my role representing a trade organization 15 years ago cemented my view of him. That said...

I don't think Reids comment is that big a deal. He's an ass and he's behaving as expected. I am hopeful that his behavior over the past couple of years will cost him his seat. If anyone should feel insulted it should be white people. Do I think the MSM would react differently had it been a Republican who said this? Yes but, frankly, I am having a hard time coming up with an example that demonstrates my view. I keep hearing Trent Lott coming up but I don't believe the two situations are a good comparison. Comparing Clinton's comment that "x years ago this guy would have been serving us coffee" on Obama is probably closer to Lott's...though I don't know that I've heard much outcry there...

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote