Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToXxX View Post
First time Hamhock hasn't typed a novel that i'm willing to read. I'm not trying to troll. And, I don't understand why everyone has to complain about it anyways? If you don't like the server, don't play on it? It's that easy. No need to be a liberal douche about it. I hate WoW, do I play it? No. Do I complain about it? No. And just because Bridget had some valid points doesn't make him a bad guy. I don't agree with him 100% and trust me... Bridget and I have had some serious debates about shit and trying to get anything past the guy is similar to teaching a monkey Chinese Algebra.

Stop crying, play the game. If you don't like talos reverting back to the original gameplay because they didn't like the update. ffs, DON'T PLAY IN TALOS then. We had 20 people on for the past 3 days later at night. So clearly not TOO many people are offended by it. Those of which are actually the ones complaining on this forum. God forbid to be the devils advocate if there ever was one. But, for the love of god. Shut the fuck up already.
I don't have any problem with any server owner doing whatever their community deems necessary to make the game fun for their regular players. Let's get that out there right off the bat. The only issue I have with it, is that unsuspecting new players may see the server populated, and start playing there... thinking it's a (more or less) stock server and that that is how the game was released. Then, they wander into another server, and see much different gameplay. This may confuse them, and quite possible turn them off to the game.

If you can, please mention to the admins of the server to at least put something in the MOTD, or server name, or something to let potential unfamiliar players know that there is a distinct difference between the Talos server and any "unmodified" stock servers out there.

O-T has already done this, by simply modifying the name that shows up on the server list. I'm fine with that. If new players decide that they like what you've done to modify the game, and want to play exclusively on your server.... that's fine too.

People who frequent the forums and know what's going on.... I'm not too worried about. I just don't want to see potential players turned off by confusion about different gameplay across different servers, not knowing what's what. I hope you understand, and agree. Our community is fairly small, and sadly, very divided on things. The fewer people we alienate the better. If nothing else, we are all united in that we enjoy this game, on whatever server we play on.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

1 members found this post helpful.