Thread: UGC league
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
That is exactly what I'm talking about though, people will wait for the most opportune moment to get on the team they want to be on, even if it means waiting half a season.

I can totally see scenarios where, one team has a newbie on it, so they never let him play. Since he's never allowed to play he might just drop out, freeing up a spot on the team for a new player pick. Then they'll say to their friend "Hey man we have a spot opened up, add to the pool and get assigned to our team.

You might say well then we can have rules to enforce everyone plays atleast half a game every night. But how do you enforce that? Some people dissappear for a couple weeks due to RL issues, so obviously he can't play. The only way to prove it is to have someone taking attendance of every match for every night, and to police people playing who are currently present. If you don't have someone taking attendance then it'd just be someone's word over someone else's.

The draft pool system sounds find in theory, but it has many holes, and people will find their loop holes.

You can't even make player drafts completely random either, cause say one team looses a couple players (for whatever reasons), and they need 1 to 2 guys, but in a randomly assigned system a team with 2 extra players could end up with a 3rd extra person, while the team that needs a guy is still a man down.
I see what you're saying. Obviously there are going to be loop holes and the like...but it's just like the "ringer" loop hole in UGC...you can't really enforce no ringers allowed it if both clans agree and it's not enforced (not even sure if that's a rule...correct me if it is), but you see what I'm saying. Every format for league play has a loop hole. Even leagues in real life have loop holes. If a player in the NFL decides to retire, and come back to a different team, technically he can over and over and over, but it doesn't have a pronounced effect on the overall competitiveness of the league, and I don't think people who really want to play will sit out half or even 3/4 of the season just to play with who they want. There are deficiencies, but they are workable. I'd love to see this format instituted, not because it's my idea, but because it's not the status quo for what the FF community knows, and frankly this community needs a change in what is the norm.
Rutabeggar is offline   Reply With Quote