Thread: (Released) conc_school (9.12.09)
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
Player
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I would suggest adding another level for your triple conc section

Juggling: force the player to juggle the concs (make held concs inactive so no hhing is possible), whilst also enforcing only one conc on the floor at any given time (they have to juggle two concs (mark areas on the floor where concs are active and apply entities / lua to achieve the effect...if lua can do that)). Alternatively, trust the player to do as you ask :P

You may say "But they have already learnt juggling from my drop conc section.", but I can say now with plenty of experience that the majority of new players always struggle with the concept of juggling (multiple consecutive drop concs) even after learning the drop conc; they simply do not know how to progress from the single drop conc to the second drop conc and so on. Their timing is usually the problem; they often get confused, thinking "When do I prime? When do I drop?". If this is explained, they usually pick it up quickly.

I say this not knowing whether a jump like this is planned for a later jump :P

Here is an image with a couple of jumps (scrapped by stino for his newbie map for "being too complex for beginners" :s)

Of course, not the most scale-accurate depiction of beginner jumps but changes made where necessary will make them completely beginner-friendly. Pictures on the left = jumps viewed from side; pictures on the right = pictures viewed from above.

Jump 1 can be modified by including a hole, this emphasizes the need for class control (don't take the piss and make a big hole :P)
Player is offline   Reply With Quote