Thread: (Beta) FF Gun Game
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #3
ddm999
worst ff player eu

Class/Position: o - no, d - scout
Gametype: IvDZ
Posts Rated Helpful 18 Times
Cheers squeek. I could never get my head round all the weird and wonderful ways that tables work. However, I seem to have noticed a problem that we both missed...

When you get to the next weapon, you don't actually get it until you next die (whoops). Therefore, I've used your script, and placed the weapon recieving inside a function that runs both on spawn, and on kill. And updated my Google Drive with it.

I never knew about sv_globalluascript, but I knew about sv_mapluasuffix. Don't really know why I didn't use it, now that I think about it.

I've got a ton of just random Lua gamemodes scattered in my FortressForever/maps/ folder. Think I've got pickup style OvD CTF, Dual Hunted, and other stuff that wasn't finished.

Anyway, as well as making it use sv_mapluasuffix, I've added support for ff_dm_squeek (cause I can). Which doesn't work because I must have been blindfolded when I wrote it.
BTW, why is ff_dm_squeek so badly instantiated? All the doors take up a million lines D:

EDIT: Ah. Shit. Medic only has 50 cells max, as a medkit drop is 10 cells. Meaning he can't place a dispenser or an SG. So the dispenser and SG weapons are pretty useless. Ah, well, people can just change class. Wait. Another thing. The engineer can detonate dispensers. Other classes have to use a console command. That's. A bit iffy. Another thing to change for next Gun Game update.

Last edited by ddm999; 04-08-2013 at 05:22 PM.
ddm999 is offline   Reply With Quote