unbankthx
Banned
D&A Member

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drizzle View Post
ban list
there you go princess. . .oh and its only 2.48% if that makes you feel any better
Again, that does not explain the methodology. Are those numbers for all the unique players on ALL of the OT servers across ALL games? How consistent is the data? Was there ever data lost? When did you guys begin collecting it? Have you been collecting data since the beginning of FF? If that's the case, then it's easy to see those numbers making sense, because when the game was new, lots of people played it. If you tried to tell me that even two years ago that out of the entire active FF community, less than 50% were banned from the OT server, I'd laugh.

Data is easy to skew in your favor. Throwing in a hundred thousand players who played the game for maybe less than an hour total, and never picked up the game can certainly make the impact of the OT banlist seem not as harmless as it really is. There's many confounding variables that can possibly be shown that exhibit the OT banlist is actually harmful, but since you guys don't show your methodology when you come up with those statistics that you publicly list, I have a hard time taking them with more than a grain of rice. If you data was updated, I think it's clear that it would show that at least half or more of the current active FF population was banned at your servers.
unbankthx is offline   Reply With Quote