View Single Post
Old 07-16-2007, 11:45 PM   #51
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
HARDLY an impairment. Attraction across genders is there to propagate the species. If someone's not interested in that, it's not a disease, there's not something WRONG with them, they just don't want to procreate. Or, they want to raise a child with someone they love (in the case of surrogate mothers or sperm donations), instead of having sex with someone they don't love at all to get the same effect.
It sounds like your arguing that being gay is a choice, like "not procreating" is a choice. I'm also not considering what man can do to procreate artificially, we're strictly talking about natural attraction. We're leaving "nurture" out of this equation completely. I know that people can "choose" not to have kids, that's their choice, not something ingrained in them from birth like being gay. Again, I am not saying that being gay is "bad".

Here's another way to ask my question Etzell, and maybe this will help make my thought process more clear. If a male body with male genitalia which is created to produce sperm meant to propagate the genetic makeup of that man, but some other part of his body from birth prevents him from being attracted to a female, then isn't that an impediment to the design of the male?