View Single Post
Old 03-29-2015, 02:38 AM   #13

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homie in reboks' View Post
Both FF and TFC2 are extensions/updated versions of TFC which seek to carry on the spirit of fortress-esque/quake gaming: they target the same audience with very similar products. Kind of like TF2 vs FF when both were being created.

Again, there's nothing wrong with this. I just prefer FF over it. And it would be odd to expect non-biased critiques of it from the main FF forums.
Understandable. Our project from the get-go was "Let's take TF2 and reintroduce beta/scrapped elements of gameplay". We really weren't concerned with any Quake/Fortress-esque gameplay.

We started out adding in things like the Nailgun. As our community got bigger, we introduced new facets to the gameplay such as 4 teams (this came in much later in development) and even Deathmatch. That's when the Quake/Fortress-esque gameplay came to be in TF2C.

We've even introduced a new "class" to the game specifically for the Deathmatch mode, The Mercenary.

I myself have never played Fortress Forever, so I can't provide an opinion on which I prefer. I really should give it a try.

Oh, and we do have a bit of a legality issue with the project, as we are using source code from an old leak as a stepping stone of sorts. We've been trying to get in touch with Valve since the start of the project to show them the progress we've made, and hopefully get a thumbs up from them. We are purposely avoiding things like hats/cosmetic items in TF2C, for the express purpose of not getting on Valve's bad side.

Last edited by 404; 03-29-2015 at 02:45 AM.
404 is offline   Reply With Quote