Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: D Civilian
Gametype: Rocket Jousting
Affiliations: EAFD
Posts Rated Helpful 78 Times
Send a message via ICQ to trepid_jon Send a message via AIM to trepid_jon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vatterin View Post
You had my hopes up until you said the word "vive". I'm not spending more money on equipment I won't use for a game I would much rather play with a mouse and keyboard. I'll keep tabs on this project but god damn it, why vive?
Because that's what I have, so I'm using it.

The game will always be mouse and keyboard friendly, but we'll also add (steam) controller support as well as vive/openvr/oculus/whatever

For now, vive is a great choice because it's amazing, just using it and designing for it is incredible and TF style gameplay seems perfect for it, almost like Valve helped design it with hardcore shooters in mind...

The sniper will be so awesome, and my theory is engineer is perfect for vr. The triggers on the steam controller and the vive are both perfect for something like a charged weapon with full pull fire like engineer railgun and sniper rifle... and this idea I have for the sniper rifle might just be a game changer in terms of what's possible.

You shouldn't fear the vive, it's the taste of the future. It is pricey right now, but within a year all these vr devices will drop the prices down as more and more get made and come out.

Vive is top in my opinion, although I don't own anything else other than oculus dk1 and dk2, and some phone holding headset.

Get excited, I promise the vive/vr beta branch will be tons of fun.

Last edited by trepid_jon; 12-25-2016 at 08:24 AM. Reason: Phone typos
trepid_jon is offline   Reply With Quote