Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleXtric View Post
Fortress Forever flag grab on ff_ameliorate - YouTube

Thought of squeek the whole time. <3
Wow, nice. Didn't ever think that'd be used in an actual game. You actually did a crazy thing where you jumped back through the hole and then conced down and double jumped off the ground in front of the window. I just used the "noob conc" (HH conc without jumping) in my video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaties View Post
Wow, thats really interesting. I remember spoon showed me that a while back (2009?) but I had no idea that you could take it main ramp... I only used it for button, but thought it was too impractical to use in a real pickup.

How consistent have you gotten it? Like # of successful attempts out of 10.
I get it about 9 times out of 10, maybe a little less. It's definitely possible to do it consistently, though. When I saw exo doing it he got it every single time and did it every single run (though I might be misremembering).

The way I do it, you have to get to ~550+ speed on your first strafe jump. If you only get to, like, ~500, chances are you might not make it, because you have to get to the downtrimp spot in a certain number of jumps, not a certain amount of time. So, if you don't have the right speed, you'll make it to where you need to be but you'll be in the middle of a jump or something; you can sometimes salvage a bad initial strafe jump by priming the conc just a bit later, but it's a gamble.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Last edited by squeek.; 07-13-2013 at 02:20 AM.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote